Maastricht is on the lookout for a Night Mayor!
The question that is on everyone's lips: who will be named Night Mayor of Maastricht during the 5th edition of Museumnacht Maastricht? The search starts as of 13 February and on Friday 17 April 2020 we know who it is! Do you think you are the perfect candidate or do you know someone who can represent Maastricht's Nightlife at broad daylight like no other. Let us know until Sunday 1 March 2020!Click here for Dutch
Get in touch 1 March 2020 at latest!
Do you want the be the voice and face of Maastricht's Nightlife and share your opinion and constructive advice with cultural institutions, the hospitality industry and the municipality?
And, are/do you:
- • Living in Maastricht
- • Familiar with the nightlife and rooted in the community of Maastricht
• have great social skills and a good communicator
• Possess a sustainable, commercial mindset and a passion for culture and experiment
- • Aware of the process and available on the evening of 17 April 2020 (incl. Afterparty in Muziekgieterij)?
Candidates can send in their motivation of max. 200 words (or a 1 minute video/visual presentation) as well as relevant experience (optional) and a photo via mail.
What we offer:
• The honorary title of Night Mayor of Maastricht 2020
• A check of €500 that can be used in your role as Night Mayor
• A bespoke piece of jewellery, created by Maastricht designer Minou Lejeune
• Your first speech as Night Mayor during the official Museumnacht Maastricht afterparty in the Muziekgieterij/ Soto Club
• A quarterly editorial voice to put the spotlight on Maastricht's Nightlife in the WeekINWeekUIT
• A promotional video and 'Vote for' poster for the selected five candidates
The 5 steps towards becoming Night Mayor
Five candidates will be selected after the Open Call. Together with the public as well as an official jury, the Night Mayor will ultimately be chosen during the 5th edition of Museumnacht Maastricht on Friday 17 April 2020!
Read more about the process & jury